Sunday, June 24, 2018

"Big Red"

Well, I owe you all a good letter, so i'll try to come through. 

Monday (of last week) - it was a super busy day and honestly seems like a million years ago haha, but we went and drove all of the elders around to get stuff like we usually do and then I learned some humility when I tried to play basketball.  I got creamed and the sisters weren't even winded after, hahaha.

Tuesday -  Today we had to do a lot of menial things and run a lot of errands. We also got to volunteer at the English Language Center.  This is part of the "schooling" Refugee's receive when they come through the refugee program.  Usually we help with those who are illiterate in their first language and go over the basic things like saying Hi and their names, but this day we went over to the "advanced" class and taught them how to do things like write a check and fill out a deposit slip.  Then we went and had to go in early cause Elder Lyman wasn't feeling good.

Wednesday - We had district meeting with the Boise Central district and it went really good. We did a "District conference review".  The spirit was strong as we heard not only what was shared, but how it changed the course of the missionaries lives. Then we went and did service with a guy who goes by "Big Red", He is about 5'3" has a long red beard and has no joke the worst mouth I've ever heard, haha.  Then we went out to go see some people and had to go in early again...

Thursday - We had interviews with President and it went pretty good, He asked me to pray so I did and then he says "Do you have any questions for me?' and so I asked him a few and then he said I was doing a good job and that was it, haha.  Profound again hahah, but then we had to go and help some other missionaries with some personal stuff for the rest of the day.

Friday - To be honest, other than District meeting with Boise West District I can't remember this day or the next, but I remember having to say some harsh words to them haha. It's all cool now, but they weren't my biggest fan for the rest of the day.

Saturday - I have no idea haha

Sunday- Church and meetings from 7 until 6.  Then we taught Maggie who is being baptized on the 21st and had a super good lesson with her.  Then we taught a guy who has been less active for a while and he is making some good progress! Also, Vicky came to church, she is another girls we have been working with and its been quite a journey with her, but she sure has my heart as do the rest of these people.

I wish I could tell you all more or if I could just take you all with me for a day. I love you all and love you and will see you guys soon!!

Elder Noah Stolper

No comments:

Post a Comment