Sunday, June 24, 2018

Boise, ID

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've written one of these and a lot has happened!  First of all, we just had transfers and out of my whole zone we only had one sister leave and her companion is training a new missionary.  Her name is Sister Settlemyer and she is super sweet! We are so glad to have her in our zone.

We are seeing a lot of success! We have 2 investigators on date for the coming month and hopefully 2 more by the end of this week! We have been doing a lot of "sifting" through our investigators and that gives us an opportunity to find and focus on those who have been prepared and are ready to receive the Gospel, now.  There is a great work in planting seeds, but the Lord does not state that the field is plowed, already to sew seeds of faith.  Rather, he states to those called to serve that the field is white, already to Harvest. 

As the days and months seem to go ever increasingly faster by, I try to take time to remember. The Lord in His wisdom has provided us with a commandment to write down the spiritual experiences of our lives. He states to Nephi, the son of Nephi "And Jesus said unto them: How be it that ye have not written this thing, that many saints did arise and appear unto many and did minister unto them(this was the spiritual experience)? And it came to pass that Nephi remembered that this thing had not been written. And it came to pass that Jesus commanded that it should be written; therefore it was written according as he commanded." Remembering is how we continue to grow our testimony from past experiences. The Lord intends for us to be changed again and again. It is not enough to live it once, have a revelatory experience or an epiphany or change of heart and move on. It is intended to be thought of and remembered again and again. Little wonder why after the first day of the Savior ministering to the Nephites at the temple, asked them to go home and ponder the things which they have received. I wrote just two journal entrees while I was home for that long year and I read them about once or twice a month and I can honestly say that they change me a little more each time I do. 

I've been sick and had to stay in all day Saturday and by so have had a lot of time read and reflect. This May will be the 2-year anniversary of when I came home from Georgia.  It seems so long ago, but so close in my mind's eye. And while laying on the couch Saturday evening, trying to sleep after another dose of Nyquil, I thought of myself 2 years ago today. We had a lesson on Friday night and I felt so inspired to say to this less active member who asked me if I knew how she felt in her current struggle, I said I did not, but then relayed to her in vague detail my coming home and coming back out. She appreciated it and told me to never forget or regret that, because it got me where I am right here, right now. This is in part true and I am so grateful for an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God who can never be surprised or stumped by my mistakes. He has brought me here. 

I want to end with a reminder to all who read this of my love for you and most importantly of the love God has for us. I've been talking with a Roman Catholic priest who seems to really enjoy my Facebook posts and he always refers to me as his Brother in Christ. I love that! So, my Brothers and Sisters in the fold of Christ Jesus; I leave with you a plea in the name of Jesus Christ, as his ordained representative... Love the Lord. Keep the Faith you have, cherish and nourish it. Live the values you know to be true. Pray and watch always. Read the Book of Mormon everyday! I testify there is Power in the obedient and humble heart. May the Lord walk with you and send heavenly and earthly angels to be with you, is my humble prayer for you, and I know that the Lord hears our prayers.

Elder Noah Stolper

No comments:

Post a Comment