Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week 31 In Boise, ID

Brothers and Sisters,

I notice I type these things out like it's a talk at church, so you'll have to forgive me.  I'm not too sure what to talk to you about and so much has happened and I have so little a desire to type it all out, haha.  Reading emails from you all is one of the highlights of my week, but writing back has never been my strong suit.  As I'm reading in the book of Isaiah, I come across a lot about the Plan and Purpose of Jesus Christ.  How vital he is in the role of our salvation.  His grace and mercy and Atonement save us in our reaching and grasping for his mercy, for his atonement.

Isaiah makes quite clear the hard path that we must walk to God.  Those who are on the true path know that the trail is littered with thorns and thistles and noxious weeds.  The book of Romans is another one I am finishing right now and seems to, for some reason or another, paint a picture of lazy and complacent discipleship to some who read it.  I see a great mountain of Faith made manifest by works that the apostle Paul reminds us to climb.  The book of James puts very clear the role of works in faith when he says  "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believeand tremble." I'll get off my soap box, but the reason repentance is on my mind is because I have watched 3 missionaries go home in the past few days.  As I'm sure you could guess, I have very tender feelings about this.  I know somewhat of the path they have to walk and the choices they are making now that will affect their lives from here on out.  I still remember those first few weeks at church and how hard they were.  I love the love and support I have always received from you, my brothers and sisters. 

We also went to the temple this morning and it was so nice!  I love love love the temple.  I learn so much and my mind is so open and so is my heart.  If you now are able, GO TO THE TEMPLE!  If you have things to take care of, DO IT AND GET THERE!  If you are not even sure what the temple is or what it does or why its important, message me on facebook and I'd love to talk to you more about it. 

I love you all

Elder Noah Stolper

No comments:

Post a Comment