Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week 30 Wolves in sheep's clothing


Brothers and Sisters, my dear friends, 

Please forgive me for these inconsistent blog emails.  Lots has been going on lately!  For starters, I have a new companion, Elder Colton Lyman from Blanding Utah (it's way at the bottom east corner).  He is super awesome and we knew each other before from serving around one another and are good friends!  The whole zone got changed around and things have just been hectic, but I love transfers because I get to work with new missionaries that I haven't met before. 

So, back to my title.  That comes from a scripture in Matthew 7:15 which reads, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves".  This is a profound analogy of how Satan will work through people to destroy your testimony.  Here in the Idaho Boise Mission we have been getting a lot of these wolves who's only goal is to take that which we love so much, this beautiful Gospel, and tear it from our very hearts and rip it up before our eyes.  There is a quote I tell my missionaries, "A person with an experience is Never at the mercy of a person with an opinion".  My missionaries have been trying to find those who will hear the Lord's message and have been finding wolves who seek to destroy the testimony they have worked so hard to build.  With that I give a warning, beware of those "toxic people" in your life who pull you down.
 
On a more positive note, things are going really well.  We have a ton of people who are progressing and nothing makes me happier.  I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Elder Stolper



No comments:

Post a Comment