Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week 29 Great Week!

Brothers and Sisters, Friends and Family, 

I feel like it's been a while since I've written one of these.  I was going through some of my old emails and I think the best ones are when I give a brief overview and a spiritual experience. So forgive me as I go through the week. 

Monday- I went on exchanges with Elder Roy today and it was super fun! He is the District Leader over the Boise West district. We walked a ton and it felt super good! I miss walking. We went and had a super good lesson with a girl who is being baptized on Saturday!  She is a sweet girl and she is excited to become part of a ward family.

Tuesday- Today was preparation day and we went to the church and set up the TV to watch the 1st presidency broadcast.  It was super good! Then we hung out with the Boise west district. The assistants came and we played volleyball forever and I am afraid I embarrassed the church with how bad I played, haha. 

Wednesday- We had DM for the Boise Central district today and President and sister Bartlett were there. We gave our training and everyone seemed to like it, but I think they like it because it means they're getting closer to having smart phones, haha. Later that night we gave a training to the stake leaders about the new technology and we were introduced as the assistants to the president... I told them we weren't the assistants and they looked so sad and so upset, it was pretty funny. The training went well. It was still surprising to see how many members have reservations about this new technology. Elder Bednar and Ballard have some good comments for you about that if you're in that same boat. 

Thursday- Today was weekly planning and that went well. It's still a process to get all of the documents transferred into the online system, but we're getting there. I was on exchanges with Elder Anglin in the Boise Central district. He is the district leader there and it was super good to go and spend some time in his area. We found a new family for them to teach and I'm pretty sure they're on date for a week or two out so that was way cool!

Friday- We had DM with the Boise Central district today and gave the same training. President and Sister Bartlett were at this one too, haha. I also had my interview with President and it went really well. I admire President for his poise and his confidence in the Lord, even when the Lord wants people like me to lead others! That is some faith in God!!! While we were in my interview he received a phone call from the missionary department and when he was done he explained the situation with me. It was cool to know he trusts me enough to be so open with me.  My interview didn't pertain too much to me, which I liked a lot. We talked a lot about elders and sisters in the zone and plans and goals for them in the future. 

Saturday- We got up super early and drove down to Twin Falls for Missionary Leadership Council (MLC). It went well, but Twin Falls smells like a porta-potty, haha. It was so gross! It took from about 7:30am - 6:45pm so it was a long day for sure!

Sunday- We had some stake meetings early so another earlier than normal morning... We then showed up at one of our buildings and see a refugee sitting in there that we didn't know. She had come because she saw the church stamp on some food she was given and asked about the church. She was told that it was free for those who need it and it's bought by tithing paid by the members of the church, to which she replied in her broken English "Jesus gave food to people who need, this is the church of Jesus Christ. I must join." We found 2 more refugees sitting in another ward we cover. What a miracle!

In closing I'll add my testimony to hers and echo "This is the church of Jesus Christ" I know it. There is nothing that could ever make me deny it. If ever left the church, I would need to walk away from God completely. Nowhere in any modern religion do people develop such a strong relationship with God and Jesus Christ. Nowhere are members invited to pray about every piece of doctrine so that God will emblaze upon their heart a witness that can never be denied and nowhere can they find words to sooth the broken soul or to heal a heart left wanting, than by reading the Book of Mormon. More than any other book I know, the Book of Mormon teaches and testifies of Jesus Christ so that no open heart could deny him. No person earnestly searching for truth can read the book of Mormon with real intention (that us, intention to do something when the answer comes) and not receive a witness by the Holy Spirit of truth. I make this statement with full confidence! I testify that today is a day of Miracles, God is a God of Miracles and that latter day saints may expect Miracles according to their faith. I've seen too many to deny it. 

If ever you have questions about church, reach out to me on Facebook and we can talk. If you want to just chat or say hi or update me on life back home, be sure to email me! 

Thanks for your loving support and kindness!

Elder Noah Stolper 


No comments:

Post a Comment