Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 14

Hey,

Sorry I've been pretty vague with my past few emails. Things have been pretty crazy here. To fill you in, we have 13 investigators including 2 families and 5 or 6 less actives we are working with. We should be having a baptism at the end of this month and possibly another, then we should be having 2 or 3 the next few months to follow.

I think I introduced my new companion, but if not he is Elder Brayden Knudsen and I just love this kid to pieces! He is a light in my life and he keeps me focused on others and helps me to forget myself. We have had both of our bikes down so we walk about 7-10 miles a day and I love it because we get to talk to everyone and I don't look like such a doofus in my bike helmet. We have been having some pretty amazing miracles, like every day!

Yesterday we were just walking to dinner and we had like 45 mins to fill, but God told me "just go to dinner," so as we go I felt strongly to go try to visit a guy named Vinny that we teach. He wasn't there, but I knew God sent us there for a reason. Then a member comes out and we talk with him and he gives us a referral. I was like "wow, this is great!" As we go back to the road to take us to dinner, a lady pulls up and says "are you Mormon Elders for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?" Astonished at the title, I said "yes, my name is Elder Stolper..." and she cuts me off with "Well then get in, my sisters a Mormon and she's sick and God sent me you Angel boys to heal her. Isn't there something you do for sick people?" I told her there is and that we couldn't ride with her, but we'd meet here at the house.

We walk in to find a lady named Sister Kellogg. Her husband just had heart surgery and she had pneumonia and the doctor said that if her husband gets it, in the state he's in, that he'll die that night... So we blessed her and healed her only to find out that they were supposed to leave that morning for a mission in Fresno. She didn't know who to call for help so she prayed and her sister had surprised her with us to give her a blessing! The Lord works in miraculous ways and what a blessing it is to be a part of it. They leave for their mission in just a few days now.

This is just one of many stories I could tell you about this week alone. God is with us, you and me and His promise in D&C84:88 echo's in my mind. "Whosoever shall receive you, there shall I be also; I will go before your face, I will be on your right hand and on your left and mine angels shall be round about you to bare you up" God will walk before us and with us. I know he lives. I know the Priesthood is real and that Jesus Christ restored it through Joseph Smith. The dead do not rise again from mental affect or comforting words, but by the power of God. Pneumonia does not leave after 1 day and no medication no matter how much will power you muster, only by the power of God. I know this to be true and say it in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment