Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Character & Top Hats. Lots of Photos Too.

Hey everyone! 

So this week was pretty awesome! We had a baptism!  I looked so fat in the jumpsuit and I had to wear the XL one because the smaller one gave me one of the worst wedgies I've ever had, haha! So please bear with me because I look like a giant marshmallow in the picture. I don't want to dwell too much on me or Bubba or on Elder Morgan, instead, I want to talk about character.

I want us to think on the word Character and to reflect on what it means. Character to me describes the consistent response to problems and to situations. I pray that we may seek to have the selfless and loving character that Jesus Christ has. Even and especially in his hour of need, the Savior of the world looked outward to address needs other than his own. This is so purely expressed in his great intercessory prayer Jesus said "neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which believe in me". Hours before he makes his great atoning sacrifice, he does not think to pray for himself or for his own strength, but for those who in times that for him lay far ahead would suffer for his name. This is just a small touch of the character that is in Christ and in our Heavenly Father. I pray that we may, in our greatest hour of need, look to those who may be struggling also and come to them in the love and fellowship and succor that a disciple of Jesus Christ is expected to have. Surely heaven stands waiting, hoping and praying that you will hear the Lords call to "succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees", such is my prayer as well. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
















No comments:

Post a Comment