Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Cheeseballs & Photos

Yesterday we had a stake conference and Elder Garret W. Gong, an apostle of Jesus Christ was there and was able to speak with us. An apostle is called to go unto all of the world and to preach the gospel and to bless the people. They also are " special witnesses" of Jesus Christ. It was a choice experience and one that I will remember for a life time. In a private moment we were able to visit and share with one another things that matter to us as individuals and as a " Companionship". I was surprised to hear his remarks and those of other apostles on how they see the missionaries as companions. What a privilege, to be able to be involved in the same work as apostles and prophets. I will never come close to the caliber of men that make up the council of the 12, but I aspire to be like them and to follow after their example as they follow Jesus Christ. 

On a less serious note, I was able to eat a whole bucket of "Cheese Balls" in 2 days and about 40 eggs. No one talks much about the missionary diet, but I think I will. I bought 2 loaves of bread and a family size packet of turkey and pounded through that this week. I also got a thing of popsicles 2 weeks ago and finished them off this week. For breakfast I eat 8 egg whites (literally every day) and then for lunch I take a shower and eat 2 turkey sandwiches and cheeseballs and 2 popsicles and maybe another sandwich. For dinner (we didn't have any dinners this week) I made 2 cups of rice, 8 egg whites and more cheese balls and popsicles. at the end of the day I shower again (its literally like 100-110* everyday) and then I eat more food until I write in my journal and go to bed. It's a good time. 

Back to the spiritual, I am making my way through the standard works and will make myself accountable to you all. I plan to finish the standard works by the time I get home. I have 113 days left and about 700 pages... Wish me luck. 
This week I finished the book of 2 Kings, the stories of Elijah and Elisha are pretty amazing. I dont have near enough time to type out the powerful lessons and principals I have taken from there, but maybe in 114 days we can sit down and talk about it. As I read the Bible I am inspired by the examples of the men and women I read about. when we can see such lives play out in our mind, we are drawn to our higher ways. 

I want to close with my testimony of the prophets that God has called since the world began. He loves us and wants us to be happy and to know the way back to him. In the Bible we read that He is the same "Yesterday, today and forever". I testify that he is. It would only make sense that a perfect God would love and care for you and I just as much as he would for His children in the times of Elijah and Elisha and Moses and Noah. However, more than things making sense in my mind, I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that God is real. He loves us and knows us and gives us men who are called of God to lead and guide us back to Him. They are servants of Him and His son, Jesus Christ. I testify that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct being and that our Father and Jesus Christ have bodies of flesh and bone as real and as tangible as mans. One of the greatest herrisies and false doctrines is that The Father, Son and the Spirit are one "spirit essence" without body and without space. Any individual who reads the scriptures and has the spirit will know of the true doctrine. I've spoken with many men and women who believe latter to be true, I testify that there is no salvation in believing a false doctrine. God is real and in all reality He lives. I know this to be true. 

I miss you all and whatever you believe and whatever choices you make, know that you are loved, respected and admired. I pray for you and your success and joy. see you all soon!

Elder Noah Stolper









No comments:

Post a Comment