Monday, August 7, 2017

Week #5!!!

Brothers and Sisters, what a week!

So this was a crazy week!   I almost moved, and then I didn't, and then I went on two exchanges to try to help out with a crazy situation that some Elders are having.  Everything I own is packed up because I thought I was moving to go switch with one of them, but good news, I'm not!  So now I get to re organize all that I own, haha.  But for real, what an amazing week this was. 

The experience I want to share with you this week is about the love that I feel being here.  So my bike (the one that I found and put together) was not in the best shape and it had no back brakes, the rear tire would go flat about once a week and it couldn't change gears.  To be honest, I was fine with that and it didn't affect me physically, but it made it really hard to work efficiently because we had to walk all of the time.  It takes about an hour and a half to walk the 5 miles to our area and my companion was getting a little frustrated with how much we had to walk...  We ended up having dinner with the First Counselor in the Mission Presidency because he lives in my ward, and he totally fixed my bike!  I mean new tires, tubes, brakes, everything it needed.  Not only did he buy it all, but he actually fixed it himself.  I am so grateful for a Mission Presidency who loves me and is so willing to help me so that I can work hard. 

I also got to go and teach a bunch of refugees!  There are tons and tons of them here.  Elder Field and I (the one in the picture) got to go play soccer with them and it was so much fun to see the parents come out and they all were a little worried, but then they saw that we were just dorky kids, they totally came up and we got to teach them and it was super cool! I love them all so much!

I would like to close with my testimony on Love. I cannot find the words to say that would even begin to explain the love that I have for the people of Idaho and for you.  I think I some times scare people because I just look at them like they are the only person I see and I think it makes them a little uncomfortable, but I just cant help it.  My heart is so full.  I look at people who are well off and I look at those who are sleeping in the gutter and I just see God's child.  I know that they mean so much to Him and that they mean so much to me as well.  I hope you feel it.  I hope and I pray every night that you do.

I love you all.  If I have not reached out to you specifically and told you so, I love you (and I have like nobody's email since this goes on a blog so you gotta email me first haha). 

I want you all to read in the Bible, John 3:16. "For God so loved the world" and I want you to change "the world" and put your name there and read it out-loud.  I know that He is Real.  I know that God lives and that his Son Jesus Christ lives for us.  He is our Savior.  I know that they love you and I say these things in His Holy name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Stolper


No comments:

Post a Comment