Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 8 in Boise, ID

Hey y'all, 

Sorry my last Email was so short. I only had about 20 mins to email so I am glad that I have a little more time this week.

So this week I want to talk about love. One of my favorite scriptures of all time is John 11:35 which reads "Jesus wept".  If any of you read my emails while I was in GA one of my favorite things to say after I saw something or heard something that broke my heart was "I cried my eyes out".  I'm not saying that I am some big baby and that I cry at the drop of a hat, but I for sure get a little misty when I bare my testimony or when I hear a sad story or watch a sad movie. It gives me comfort to know that the savior wept too, but what amazes me is the verse that follows (John 11:36) "Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him".  I am currently training a new missionary and he cries. Like a lot, but I love it because it shows me that he cares.

While I was in GA I got to spend the afternoon digging postholes with a Baptist minister and he was this big tough guy who was a Ranger and a Cowboy and all this stuff. While we were digging we began to talk about the atonement and I saw this "man among men" begin to cry. He looked up at me and his lip was quivering and he couldn't hold himself together, so me being the smooth talker I am said "Dude, what're you doing" and he said he just feels so loved and so much love, he can't help but cry. I wish I realized then that I need that. I still do. Compassion and love is a hard thing for me, but I can promise you all that as we try to love one another and live up to the baptismal covenants we made (Mosiah 18), we will be blessed!

Now we don't always have to cry.  I remember the words of my first companion and this will be the last thing I leave with you, he said to me; " I never knew how much you loved me, until you stopped telling me and started showing me" 

No comments:

Post a Comment