Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 18, with Pictures!

Hey guys, so I owe you a good email because I suck at these so let me do it like GA and take you day by day with what I can remember...

Monday- I am DL and so is my companion, but for another district in another zone.  We had to give rides and we went to my activity where we just played sports and stuff, then we had dinner and ran around and tried to make it to all of our appts. 

Tuesday- Today we had... to be honest, I don't even remember.  It feels like it was forever ago. OH WAIT! We went and had a lesson with this dude in Elder De Simone's area (he's my comp right now) whose name is Bro Johnson.  He's kinda crazy, but super chill.  He's worried about joining our church because he was in a cult for 18 years in Mexico... I was joking and said "you'd love our church then, people think were a cult all the time..." He didn't think it was as funny as I did, haha.  Then we ran around and met with Jackie (our investigator getting baptized this Wednesday) and it was a super powerful lesson on the commandments!

Wednesday- Today we had 2 District Meetings and oh my goodness it was a lot.  I got to train on Safeguards for technology and it got all of the Elders super excited for the smart phones, haha.  After that, we talked to a lady in Elder De Simone's area that had a tragic thing happen in her family concerning her son.  We sat on her doorstep with tearstained cheeks as she told us this story.  My heart breaks for her, but I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is the ONLY thing that can heal her broken heart.  She has been seeing psychics and stuff like that, but we read in the bible, in the book of Leviticus "DO NOT seek to talk to spirits" it is a devilish practice and is forbidden by the Lord, however, if they come to us we are to listen with "spiritual ears" to their words.  But that's deep stuff and we wont get too much into that, haha.

Thursday- We started out the day with 6 hours of service.  6 HOURS!  It was a lot and I was happy to do it, but wow, it was a lot all at once.  Then we went and met with Jackie and went over the baptismal interview questions and she had some work to do, so we went over those areas and gave her some homework and said we'd be back tomorrow to see what the Lord would tell her. 

Friday- I can't for the life of me remember what I did that morning, but I went and met with Jackie and oh my goodness "ask and ye shall receive".  It was cool to see how the Lord had swept away all of her doubts and built upon her "sure foundation" of the Book of Mormon.  She is now ready and we are excited to baptize her this Wednesday.  Then we went on exchanges with some Elders in my district

Saturday- Well the elder I was on exchanges with was sick so I kinda took care of him all day until about 4 when we exchanged back.  Then we went to dinner and to the temple open house with some investigators.  They really liked it and I got to see Elder King (a missionary from home that I knew before I went to GA) it was really cool!

Sunday- Church in both of Elder De Simone's wards and it was cool.  We got to go teach Young Men's and go do a baptismal interview after church.  It was a long 6 hours of church, but its all good! hahah

I want to close with my testimony of the specific plan that the Lord has for you and me.  This has been a crazy transfer.  I have had 2 comps and stayed with the assistants and then got assigned another area with 2 wards that's a 30 min drive away.  Its been hectic and I am excited to see what happens this week with transfers, but I am also grateful for the plan of my Father in Heaven and I know that it is specific and tailor made for me.  I know he cares about the little things in our life and about us.  He hears our prayers and knows our hearts and knows what's best for us. 

My favorite scripture is still John 11:35 "Jesus wept" that gives me such peace to know that He weeps for our heartaches and our struggles and knows that we suffer and it breaks his heart.  I know that He knows we can grow from it and that His Atonement is the ONLY things that can help us in our hour of need.  To be snatched out of the gall of bitterness and endless woe is a daily thing for us, if the Lord could touch your eyes and let you see His hand in your life, maybe we'd live a little different.  Maybe we'd take time to say thank you and to better follow him.  Maybe if we could see his blood and hear his cries on the mount of olives and on Calvary, we'd follow him more closely. With a consistency and determination to Not let His sacrifice go to waste, maybe we'd repent a little more fully or honestly, maybe we'd encourage others to do the same. 

If we want to be better, then do it.  Remember that "wanna be(e)'s don't make no honey" . If you want to see a change for the better start with a question and real intent to act on an answer and I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ, change will come and you will be blessed. I leave you this promise in His sacred name, Jesus the Christ, Amen.

p.s. I have new shoes, but dang these things are so trashed, haha.  They have holes in the bottoms and my feet used to get SOAKED when it rains.  Its also been sorta snowing today :/ not too happy because it's so stinking cold out, but it only gets warmer from here, right?










1 comment:

  1. Bro , eh I mean Elder those shoes are well used. Nice! -
    Bryce Maygren

    ReplyDelete