Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 19 and lots more Pics!

Hey everyone, so this week was super busy. 

Monday- We were errand boys for the mission, haha.  We ran around and pretty much chilled with the assistants all day.

Tuesday- So, today I found out I would be staying in my area and training a new missionary and I would continue to be a District Leader.  I was pretty pumped about it because I love this area and I really like training and being a district leader is chill too.  Nothing special, but I get to take care of my Elders, so that's cool.  Also, we have no Sisters in my district... President and I have decided that we need some, but he doesn't assign any so here we are, haha.

Wednesday- So today we had to go run around and go do a bunch of service and take care of a sick Elder in my district, and then JACKIE GOT DUNKED!!!!  I made that sound a lot less spiritual than it was.   I was kinda mad because I had to preside so there was not a whole lot of ward leadership support, but it's whatever.  It went really well and her brother got to baptize her which is a lot cooler than if I were to do it, haha.

Thursday-  So today we had transfers and the trainers meeting went really well and then I got my greenie.  His name is Elder Ixtlahuac and he is super cool!  He grew up in Monterey and moved to AZ right before his mish.  He is 20 and actually is a Visa waiter for Portugal!! Super cool huh?  So I could be losing him any day, but I hope he stays the full 6 weeks!  I think the ward thinks I'm crazy because I have so many comps, so I hope he doesn't leave me, hahaha.

Friday- We didn't do much that was exciting today, just weekly planned and went to do service.  Then we had dinner and met with a dude named Zach who is a recent convert with a cool story.  He made me promise not to tell, but it's in my journal so if I die, just throw it up here and I wont be held accountable, haha. 

Saturday- The day started out with us leaving a note for a less active member to come back to church.  She was just baptized before I got here, so Jill, if you're reading this, GET YOUR BUTT TO SACRAMENT! haha, but we just said how much the ward misses her and that we want her home.  Then we had a lesson with this dude Evan, who finished the BOM and I asked him "so you ready to join or what" kinda in a joking not joking way, and he goes "haha woah, calm down elder Stolper, its just a book".  I was a little shocked and we talked about it and it turns out he hadn't prayed about it, EVER!  I know some of you are like "so what" but guys, this is soooooooo important!!!  And I said "so when I asked you if you've been praying about the BoM what did you think I meant?" and he goes "oh, so that's what that meant, like ask God what he thinks?..."  I asked him how many times he had met with missionaries before us and he said a for while.  This was only our second time seeing him and I totally didn't even think to invite him to pray, I assumed since he was in 3 Nephi the guy had it together, but I totally let him down...  So he is going to restart and pray about it his time, haha. Then we did some more service.

Sunday- So we have two wards and they meet back to back so I go to a loooooooot of church.  It makes for some long days sometimes, especially if we have meetings.  So this Sunday I taught Gospel Principals in one ward, Gospel Doctrine in the other ward, spoke for 15 minutes in Sacrament and also confirmed Jackie.  It was a lot, but I think it all went well because dinner didn't get cancelled and they still talked to us after so I think I got off okay.  I usually don't write out anything, I just study and let Heavenly Father pick and choose what he wants me to share from my readings.  I spoke on "the blessings of eternal families" it was a cool topic and one that is near and dear to my heart. 

This week was pretty great. I am so lucky to be here. It hits me every few hours that I am a missionary and I got to go back out!  I can't even begin to explain what that means to me.  Elder Holland says no one was more great full for a mission than him, but I'm fairly certain I got him beat.  Thank you all again for your continued love and support. I miss you and love you all and will see you in a little over a year!!!!

Elder Noah Stolper










1 comment:

  1. Elder,
    We are so happy to see you so close to the Lord. We miss you here in GA but know you are doing his work. Do you need a pair of shoes? If so what size and style do you like?
    I am beyond proud of you being a DL and training. I had plenty of visa waivers as a missionary. Treat him well and show unconditional love. Let him know that the Lord needs him with you right now and he has to learn something from you and ID. I am so happy for you Stolper! My heart swells for you


    You will always be like a son to me

    Jake Starkey

    jake stakey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete